Q. I have performed a soft reset but i still get " Genertaing codes" and the PC just sits there
A. If a soft reset fails to solve this, then an application on your treo650 is corrupt,
A hard reset will erase everything you have on your Treo (excluding what's on the ROM, or what you have on your SD card). and restore it to a clean setup, so removing any corrupt applications.
(back up any important data you do not wan't to loose)
1. Remove the battery cover from the treo
2. Whilst pressing "Power/End" button, press the reset button on the back of the Treo with the stylus
3. Continue pressing the "Power/End" button
4. The PALMONE logo now appears with a progress bar
5. When the circular "Palm Powered" logo appears release the "Power/End" button
6. When the "Erase all data ?" prompt appears press Up to confirm
7. If a "select Language" option appears, then select the same language as your desktop software.