Nextgen server now supports Blackberry Unlocking in realtime.
Unlock BlackBerry 5xxx, 6xxx, 7Xxx
Using standard blackberry USB cable (as supplied with phone),
Phones not supported: X700, 7510 (iden), 5810, H700
Before attempting to unlock your Blackberry with Nextgen Server please check that your Blackberry has compatible firmware installed. To check the software/firmware version of your Blackberry simply navigate it's menu:-
Goto SETTINGS or OPTIONS then ABOUT
If you have a firmware/software version of: 4.0.X.XXX. no firmware upgrade required, proceed direct to unlock.
If your firmware version is 3.X.X.XXX then first you must upgrade your Blackberry, this is simple and easy to do, simply see the section in this document titled "Instructions for upgrading your desktop and handheld software"
Reading MEP unlock Code
Before you start please close down all applications and close your firewall, if you are behind a router you will need to open port 6967, failure to do so may result in the client failing to connect to the server.
- Install the latest version of the server client on your PC
- Connect up your Blackberry to your PC using it's USB cable.
If Windows now detects a new device (this will happen the first time you connect your blackberry to your PC, and the following you will need to do only once) The drivers have been part of Windows update from 2004, so should already be on your PC.
1. A new hardware wizard will appear. Select "No, not this time" if asked about connecting to the internet
2. Then on the next screen Select "Install Software Automatically (Recommended)" Click on the "Next " button
3. Windows will now search for the drivers.
4. Windows will now install the drivers.
5. Click on finish on next screen
6. Windows has finished installing New Hardware
You will only need to do this once per PC. The first time you connect a blackberry to your PC.
- Start the Nextgen Server Client:- Start > Program Files > Jic Technology > JIC Nextgen Server Client
- Enter your User name & password
- Make sure "main server" is set under Server Settings
- Select "Berry" under Phone setting
- Press "Get Berry Codes" on software
- The server will now read and display the unlock codes on the server client, estimated time 10 to 30 seconds
- You can now disconnect the phone from your PC.
Entering Unlock Codes
1. Goto Options Menu
2. Select "SIM Card" menu option
3. You will now see SIM Information screen but no information
4. While holding "Shift" key Type "MEPD" or in case of 7100 "MEPPD" (no writing will appear on screen)
5. You will now see screen detailing SIM locks status, and you will see active SM lock
6. To disable this now hold "ALT" key type "MEP2" or in case of 7100 "MEPP2" (no writing will appear on screen)
7. New dialogue window will appear asking for code
8. Enter the MEP code as displayed in the Server Client, press ok, with jog dial
9. Phone will display "code accepted" your phone will now accept any compatible SIM card.
Step 2. Step 3. Step 5.
Blackberry Trouble Shootoing
Q. I get "incoming data corrupt" when trying to read codes.
A. The phones handset lock is on.
If you are experiencing "incoming data corrupt" errors on the server this is because the lock code of the handset is turned on. If this is the case then the phone will not import or export data so the hand set lock needs to be turned off.
____________________________________________________________________Instructions for upgrading your desktop and handheld software
If your firmware version is 3.X.X.XXX then first you must upgrade your Blackberry before you can unlock it. This is simple and easy to do.
Step1. Download and install Blackberry Desktop V4.1
1. Goto: http://www.blackberry.com/support/index.shtml
2. Under the heading "downloads" select "service packs"
3. Select "BlackBerry Desktop Software V4.1 in the pulldown
4. Choose Service Pack 1 (English) or Service Pack 1 (Multilanguage) if required
5. Now download this to your PC and run the installation
6. You will now be running version 4.1 of the Desktop software
7. This will also install your drivers
Step 2. Now you need to download the firmware upgrade to suit your model
1. On this page you will see various worldwide networks listed
2. Select your network and then select the newest firmware file for your model
- Download this file and run the install on your PC
Step 3. Upgrading your Blackberry
1. Start Blackberry Desktop Manager and plug in your Blackberry
2. Desktop Manager will prompt you that there is a new version
3. Proceed with the install
4. DON'T FORGET TO CHOOSE THE BACKUP OPTION
5. Once the upgrade is complete, your Blackberry takes about 5 minutes to reboot.
6. This is normal, so please wait.
7. Now you can proceed to unlock your phone